We took a deep dive into product management with Hostelworld’s Chief Product Officer, Johnny Quach. He spoke about what being product-led means to him, and how he’s tried to influence the companies he’s worked at to adopt the mindset.
Key talking points:
- What drives Johnny to throw himself into product.
- What’s forced a change in the world’s biggest companies when it comes to thinking about being product-led.
- Why a product-led approach is crucial for the future.
About the guest
Johnny has a strong startup mindset but is also experienced in operating heavily regulated PLC organizations. He boasts a hybrid blend of General Management, Strategic Thinking, and Consumer Technology and has created growth in companies of any size and age.
His experience spans across scaling startups in their hyper-competitive markets to leading key PLC functions such as Board of Directors management, Investor relationships, and M&A.
Some fun facts from Johnny himself!
1. He was ranked top 5% of all players in North America at Starcraft 2 - also known as a "Master" level player.
2. His dance team won America's Best Dance Crew Season 2.
3. He was a professional poker player full-time for 2 years and bought his first house during the 2008 crash with his winnings.
Want to join in the conversation?
Be sure you’re in our Slack channel of over 2500 product-led enthusiasts, it’s 100% free and has a range of channels from Product Operations, recommended reading, and recommended tools.
You can also get involved in our podcast! If you’re a CPO, Founder, Inventor or a passionate product-led advocate, pick a topic and you can get in touch here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill your ears with more episodes of For the Love of Product!