We chat with Gabe Nicolau, Director of Product Strategy and Operations at TikTok, Americas, the leading short-form video platform designed to inspire creativity and bring joy (if you’re in that 2% that doesn’t know 😜). Gabe takes us through the journey of transforming an internally managed service into a self-service product, the benefits of cross-functional collaboration, and more.
Key talking points:
- The power of fueling growth through continued user engagement.
- How to accelerate launch timelines and figure out what to prioritize.
- How cross-functional collaboration can streamline user journeys and go-to-market readiness.
- The advantages of setting aggressive targets and OKRs to propel products forward.
- Understanding what ticks… and what… tocks… (sorry) when it comes to having a structured plan and strong alignment with stakeholders.
A little bit about the guest
Gabe is responsible for the commercialization and development of TikTok’s innovative ad products. Prior to TikTok, he was the go-to-market lead at Google where he focused on core monetization, mobile, tools and attribution for Google shopping ads.
He’s worked with Fortune 500 retail companies as an advisor in their retail digital marketing strategy and is super passionate about supporting advertisers, optimizing their ad spend, improving ROI, and driving sales. In his spare time, he enjoys cooking, playing board games, and assembling Lego.
Wanna get involved in the conversation?
It’s easy - just join our Slack channel of over 5000 product-led enthusiasts. Access is 100% free, and it’s got a range of channels for you to take full advantage of; from upcoming events and recommended reading, to job opportunities and recommended tools.
You can be part of the pod! If you’re a CPO, Founder, Inventor, or a passionate product-led advocate, pick a topic and can get in touch here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to catch more episodes of For the Love of Product!